AspenTech Announces Release of aspenONE(R) V7.3 Engineering Software
WASHINGTON, May 23, 2011 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Aspen Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ: AZPN), a leading provider of software and services to the process industries, announced the release of aspenONE 7.3 Engineering software. New optimization innovations in aspenONE Engineering help Exploration & Production, Refining, Chemicals and other process industries improve capital and energy efficiency, streamline environmental compliance, and accelerate time-to-value.
New aspenONE Innovations for Exploration & Production
- A new, patent-pending Conceptual Design Builder in Aspen HYSYS(R) Upstream builds gas oil separation plant (GOSP) models in minutes, reducing risk when evaluating upstream asset design options.
- Rigorous Plate-Fin Exchanger and Spiral-Wound Exchanger models inside Aspen HYSYS allow E&P companies to optimize liquid natural gas (LNG) plants, analyze operational challenges and deliver solution alternatives.
New aspenONE Innovations for Refining
- The new Assay Library of 180 crudes enables refiners to characterize multiple crudes more accurately and efficiently, by converting from HYSYS Oil Manager to HYSYS Petroleum Refining assays with the click of a button.
- Rigorous Aspen Fired Heater equipment models inside HYSYS allow refiners to study operating constraints, predict revamp benefits, and increase energy savings, quickly analyzing crude selection opportunity to maximize profits.
New aspenONE Innovations for Chemicals
- The new Aspen Properties Mobile(TM) delivers anytime, anywhere access to physical property data, bringing the power of Aspen Properties to Apple iPad(TM) and iPhone(R) mobile devices.
- Aspen Plus(R) saves weeks of effort collecting mixture property and phase equilibrium data needed to validate and fine-tune process models. Aspen Plus now includes direct access to data for over 24,000 pure components and 30,000 component pairs.
- Aspen HYSYS and Aspen Plus make it faster and easier to comply with CO2 and Greenhouse Gas (GHG) reporting requirements. Customers can calculate and report equivalent CO2 emissions from process and utilities, and evaluate economic impact. Aspen HYSYS contains new examples for treating acid gases to remove CO2 and H2S using rate-based distillation and amines.
- Companies can check the energy efficiency of a process in minutes from inside Aspen HYSYS and Aspen Plus using Aspen Energy Analyzer, just by clicking the new Energy Analysisbutton to get started. Aspen Energy Analyzer applies pinch energy analysis methods to identify and compare options to achieve energy targets.
- In Aspen Integrated Economics with Aspen HYSYS and Aspen Plus, customers can now incorporate their own costing and sizing rules and best practices using templates - this allows customers to easily roll out consistent economic evaluation across the organization and standardize on best practices.
- Aspen Basic Engineering supports projects of virtually unlimited size with a native 64-bit implementation, enabling customers to tackle mega projects effectively.
- An enhanced user interface in Aspen Flare System Analyzer improves usability and productivity to develop cost-efficient designs while ensuring safety and environmental compliance.
- Aspen HYSYS and Aspen Plus delivers an RSS news screen to keep customers informed of the latest product news, best practice tips, updates on new features and solutions, notices of informational webinars, training, and more.
Manolis Kotzabasakis, Executive Vice President, AspenTech
"AspenTech continues to invest aggressively to provide innovations for the process engineering community. With the latest release of aspenONE Engineering software, our customers can address industry-specific challenges -- accessing critical information on the go, complying with emissions regulations faster, accelerating time-to-value, and improving capital and energy efficiency. The release is filled with innovative new functionality that helps our customers optimize their operating and financial results."
AspenTech is a leading supplier of software that optimizes process manufacturing - for energy, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, engineering and construction, and other industries that manufacture and produce products from a chemical process. With integrated aspenONE solutions, process manufacturers can implement best practices for optimizing their engineering, manufacturing and supply chain operations. As a result, AspenTech customers are better able to increase capacity, improve margins, reduce costs and become more energy efficient. To see how the world's leading process manufacturers rely on AspenTech to achieve their operational excellence goals, visit www.aspentech.com.
© 2011 Aspen Technology, Inc. AspenTech, aspenONE, the 7 Best Practices of Engineering Excellence, OPTIMIZE, and the Aspen leaf logo are trademarks of Aspen Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
SOURCE: Aspen Technology, Inc.