AspenTech Streamlines Greenhouse Gas (GHG) Compliance in New Release of aspenONE(R) Software
WASHINGTON, May 24, 2011 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Aspen Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ: AZPN) a leading provider of software and services to the process industries, today introduced new functionality in the latest release of aspenONE software that streamlines Greenhouse Gas compliance, reducing from weeks to minutes the effort required to generate GHG emissions reports. The innovative new simulation modeling functionality in aspenONE Engineering helps process manufacturers save time and costs by making it easier to comply with global health, safety and environment (HSE) policies and regulations.
- The GHG calculation capabilities within Aspen HYSYS(R) and Aspen Plus(R) give process manufacturers the industry's first automated solution that accurately determines GHG emissions for simulated processes. The new functionality calculates equivalent GHG emissions from direct and indirect sources, such as energy consumption and chemical processes, and reports on those emissions to support GHG reporting and compliance.
- Previously, process industry companies did not have a standardized, automated solution for accurately calculating GHG emissions, which incurred weeks of manual effort. The new functionality reduces that time to minutes, and also helps streamline emissions calculation and reporting processes by providing numerous levels of detail and summary reports showing GHG emissions as CO2 equivalents.
- While this capability is immediately beneficial to existing assets, aspenONE's GHG emissions calculations can also be applied to the design phase of an asset. Plant engineers and compliance officers throughout the world can now evaluate the emissions impact of new equipment, changes in operations or feedstock.
- Examples of regulations made easier to comply with include the EPA Reporting Rule CF 40 Part 98, and other similar international rules. Other regulatory benefits include assisting with evaluating options to meet EPA GHGBest Available Control Technology (BACT) guidelines, and complying with rules for pre-construction air permits.
Blair Wheeler, Senior Vice President of Marketing, Aspen Technology, Inc.
"Thirty years ago AspenTech was founded to help address the challenges of the late '70s energy crisis. Today we help process manufacturers around the world attain enhanced levels of energy efficiency with associated reductions in GHG emissions and lower costs. Understanding and managing GHG emissions is a critical requirement for our customers, and this new aspenONE functionality makes it much easier to address compliance requirements globally."
- aspenONE(R) Engineering Software
- AspenTech 30th Anniversary Homepage
- Twitter: @AspenTech
- Facebook: AspenTech
AspenTech is a leading supplier of software that optimizes process manufacturing - for energy, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, engineering and construction, and other industries that manufacture and produce products from a chemical process. With integrated aspenONE solutions, process manufacturers can implement best practices for optimizing their engineering, manufacturing and supply chain operations. As a result, AspenTech customers are better able to increase capacity, improve margins, reduce costs and become more energy efficient. To see how the world's leading process manufacturers rely on AspenTech to achieve their operational excellence goals, visit www.aspentech.com.
© 2011 Aspen Technology, Inc. AspenTech, aspenONE, the Aspen leaf logo and the 7 Best Practices of Engineering Excellence are trademarks of Aspen Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
SOURCE: Aspen Technology, Inc.