AspenTech's Dr. Vikas Dhole Selected as Keynote Speaker for First Middle East Process Engineering Conference (MEPEC)
BURLINGTON, Mass., Sep 06, 2011 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Aspen Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ: AZPN), a leading provider of software and services to the process industries, today announced that Dr. Vikas Dhole has been selected as one of the keynote speakers forMEPEC - the first Middle East Process Engineering Conference, to be held at the Gulf International Convention Center, Gulf Hotel, Kingdom of Bahrain, October 23-26, 2011.
- Dr. Dhole, Vice President of Engineering Product Management at AspenTech, will deliver the keynote speech, 'Transformation of Process Engineering - Innovations and Best Practices for the Middle East' at the MEPEC Conference. He will discuss how industry best practices supported by software innovations are transforming process engineering, enabling significant value across the asset lifecycle.
- As Vice President of Engineering Product Management, Dr. Dhole is responsible for the industry-leading aspenONE(R) Engineering suite, including strategy, direction and business performance. Throughout his career, Dr. Dhole has led software innovation initiatives in Process Engineering and Optimization, working closely with leading customers, research institutes and academia. He has presented at many industry events, authored several publications and has held a variety of leadership positions in product management, software development and consulting services at AspenTech.
- AspenTech is a Platinum sponsor of MEPEC 2011 and will have an Optimization Theatre to demonstrate process engineering solutions. AspenTech experts will be available to present innovative ideas and strategies for reducing costs and maximizing return on investment in process engineering related to plant design, operation and maintenance.
- MEPEC is the premier showcase for operators and owners, as well as product and service providers to meet and discuss how to reach the needs of the process industries. The Conference and Exhibition theme is "Towards Technological Excellence and Innovative Solutions."
- AspenTech is the only software company focused exclusively on process optimization across engineering, manufacturing and supply chain segments, helping Oil and Gas, Refining, Chemical, Engineering & Construction and other process industry companies optimize their operations. Recent innovations in the aspenONE Engineering software suite include the new Aspen Conceptual Design Builder to rapidly optimize design of Oil & Gas assets, Integrated Energy Analysis and Green House Gas Evaluation to save energy and easily achieve environmental compliance, and Mobile Properties to deliver anytime anywhere access to physical property data via mobile devices.
Dr. Vikas Dhole, Vice President, Engineering Product Management, AspenTech
"I am pleased to be selected as a keynote speaker at MEPEC. Process Engineering has undergone significant transformation over the last 30 years, driven by advances in engineering best practices catalysed by technology and software innovations. These transformations have created significant value for many companies resulting in capital and energy costs savings, operating efficiencies and dramatic improvements in engineering productivity. Companies operating in the Middle East face an incredibly challenging and highly competitive environment. As they explore ways to improve plant design, operation, maintenance and energy efficiency, my intention is to highlight how process engineering best practices and innovations in software tools can help give these companies a competitive advantage in the marketplace."
- Dr. Vikas Dhole - Keynote Speaker at MEPEC
- About aspenONE(R)
- AspenTech Announces Release of aspenONE(R) V7.3 Engineering Software
AspenTech is a leading supplier of software that optimizes process manufacturing - for energy, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, engineering and construction, and other industries that manufacture and produce products from a chemical process. With integrated aspenONE solutions, process manufacturers can implement best practices for optimizing their engineering, manufacturing and supply chain operations. As a result, AspenTech customers are better able to increase capacity, improve margins, reduce costs and become more energy efficient. To see how the world's leading process manufacturers rely on AspenTech to achieve their operational excellence goals, visit http://www.aspentech.com.
© 2011 Aspen Technology, Inc. AspenTech, aspenONE, the Aspen leaf logo, OPTIMIZE, and the 7 Best Practices of Engineering Excellence are trademarks of Aspen Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
SOURCE: Aspen Technology, Inc.