AspenTech's EVP Antonio Pietri and SVP Blair Wheeler to Discuss GHG and Energy-Related Issues at CERA Week 2011
BURLINGTON, Mass., Mar 07, 2011 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Aspen Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ: AZPN), a leading provider of software and services to the process industries, today announced it will sponsor and participate in CERA Week 2011 - the premier global energy industry conference - at the Hilton-Americas in Houston, March 7-11. AspenTech Executive Vice President Antonio Pietri and Senior Vice President Blair Wheeler are among the leading industry executives speaking at the conference.
- AspenTech is participating as a sponsor of CERA Week for the 4th consecutive year. Other industry and technology leaders sponsoring CERA Week in 2011 include Chevron, ExxonMobil, HP, Microsoft, Oracle, Saudi Aramco and Total.
- On Wednesday, March 9, AspenTech's Wheeler will participate in the panel "Sustainability and the GHG Foot Print of Fossil Fuels," with panelists from BP, the Clean Air Task Force and IHS CERA.
- On Thursday, March 10, AspenTech's Pietri will participate as a panelist in the concurrent plenary session, "Policy Trade-offs for a Low Carbon Future," with panelists from California ISO, US Energy Information Administration and IHS CERA.
- This year's CERA Week, entitled "Leading the Way: Energy Strategies for a World of Change," will also include a special session on Friday March 11 featuring former U.S. Presidents Bill Clinton and George W. Bush.
- More than 2,000 energy and power executives, policymakers and financial and technology leaders from more than 50 countries will attend CERA Week 2011. This year's conference marks the 30th anniversary of CERA Week, as well as the 30th anniversary of Aspen Technology.
- Since 1981, the world's largest energy companies have used AspenTech's process optimization software to make more informed decisions on energy-related issues ranging from implementing cost-effective energy management practices to reducing the impact of carbon emissions -- while achieving superior financial and operating results.
Mark Fusco, President & CEO, Aspen Technology
"We are pleased to continue our participation with IHS CERA and this premier industry conference. For 30 years, AspenTech and CERA have focused on the issues and challenges faced by the world's leading energy companies. AspenTech's customers have demonstrated over and over how technology innovation helps them successfully respond to those challenges. Looking forward, CERA has stated that much of the world's energy infrastructure needed in 2030 has yet to be built, posing an enormous responsibility and opportunity. AspenTech is committed to delivering technology solutions that optimize the effectiveness of that new infrastructure as the industry continues to adapt to a changing global landscape."
Links to more information:
- CERAWeek 2011
- aspenONE for Exploration & Production
- aspenONE for Refining & Marketing
- aspenONE for Power & Utilities
- Follow AspenTech on Twitter
AspenTech is a leading supplier of software that optimizes process manufacturing - for energy, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, engineering and construction, and other industries that manufacture and produce products from a chemical process. With integrated aspenONE solutions, process manufacturers can implement best practices for optimizing their engineering, manufacturing and supply chain operations. As a result, AspenTech customers are better able to increase capacity, improve margins, reduce costs and become more energy efficient. To see how the world's leading process manufacturers rely on AspenTech to achieve their operational excellence goals, visit www.aspentech.com.
© 2011 Aspen Technology, Inc. AspenTech, aspenONE, the 7 Best Practices of Engineering Excellence, OPTIMIZE, and the Aspen leaf logo are trademarks of Aspen Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
SOURCE: Aspen Technology, Inc.