Executives from BP, Huntsman, and Shaw Group to Headline Keynote Speeches at AspenTech's OPTIMIZE(TM)2011 Conference
BURLINGTON, Mass., Apr 19, 2011 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Aspen Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ: AZPN), a leading provider of software and services to the process industries, today announced that executives from BP, Huntsman, and Shaw Group will headline the OPTIMIZE 2011 conferencetaking place May 23rd - 25th in Washington,D.C. Process industry leaders Michael Gibbs, VP and CIO of BP, John Prows, VP of Corporate Engineering and Manufacturing Excellence Support of Huntsman, and Bert Aragon, SVP of Engineering - Energy & Chemicals Group of Shaw Group, will join AspenTech CEO Mark Fusco, and EVP Manolis Kotzabasakis, for the opening session of AspenTech's 30th anniversary year global conference.
- Michael Gibbs will discuss how global companies such as BP use optimization technology to drive operational excellence. John Prows will discuss how combining self-empowered teams with best-in-class optimization technology delivers substantial improvements to Huntsman's worldwide chemicals businesses. Bert Aragon will discuss how to achieve engineering excellence by harmonizing best practices and tools for thousands of engineers worldwide at Shaw.
- The 2011 conference marks AspenTech's 30 years of leadership and innovation in the process industries, and is expected to attract upwards of 1,000 attendees from more than 40 countries. Participants include global industry leaders Alcoa, BASF, BP, Bechtel, BluESP, Buckeye Technologies, Chevron, Dow Chemical, DuPont, Électricité de France, ExxonMobil, Fluor, GlaxoSmithKline, Huntsman, KBR, Marathon Oil, Microsoft, Pfizer, Shell, TOTAL, WorleyParsons, and many more.
- OPTIMIZE 2011 will showcase how the world's leading process industry companies use process optimization software to achieve superior financial and operating results. OPTIMIZE 2011 offers a unique environment for industry experts to share best practices in optimizing engineering, manufacturing, and supply chain operations using aspenONE.
- OPTIMIZE 2011 will be held at the Gaylord National Hotel and Conference Center from May 23-25, 2011. Click here to register, or for more information visit the OPTIMIZE 2011 site.
Blair Wheeler, Senior Vice President of Marketing, Aspen Technology, Inc.
"Mike Gibbs, John Prows, Bert Aragon and their companies have demonstrated how the application of optimization technology across broad areas of their process manufacturing businesses delivers superior operating results. We are pleased that they will share their vision, executional practice and business value, as well as their personal experiences gained over the past 30 years, with the global process audience at OPTIMIZE 2011."
- OPTIMIZE 2011 Global User Conference
- Register for OPTIMIZE 2011
- Facebook: AspenTech
AspenTech is a leading supplier of software that optimizes process manufacturing - for energy, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, engineering and construction, and other industries that manufacture and produce products from a chemical process. With integrated aspenONE solutions, process manufacturers can implement best practices for optimizing their engineering, manufacturing and supply chain operations. As a result, AspenTech customers are better able to increase capacity, improve margins, reduce costs and become more energy efficient. To see how the world's leading process manufacturers rely on AspenTech to achieve their operational excellence goals, visit www.aspentech.com.
© 2011 Aspen Technology, Inc. AspenTech, aspenONE, the Aspen leaf logo, OPTIMIZE, and the 7 Best Practices of Engineering Excellence are trademarks of Aspen Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
SOURCE: Aspen Technology, Inc.