Samsung Total Petrochemicals Receives 2011 PM100 Award for Operational Excellence Mastery Using AspenTech Software
BURLINGTON, Mass., May 09, 2011 (BUSINESS WIRE) -- Aspen Technology, Inc. (NASDAQ: AZPN), a leading provider of software and services to the process industries, announced that Samsung Total Petrochemicals has received a 2011 PM100 award for operational excellence mastery, based on use of aspenONE Planning & Scheduling software.
- The PM100 Awards honor manufacturing companies that have transformed themselves through the use of information technology. The program recognizes innovative projects that deliver a competitive advantage and demonstrate a manufacturing company's mastery of at least one of eight core disciplines that are critical for manufacturing success.
- With AspenTech's aspenONE Planning & Scheduling solution, Samsung Total improved inventory visibility, decision-making and profitability at its Olefins and Aromatics plants in Daesan, Korea.
- Samsung Total is a long-time user of aspenONE process optimization solutions and is one of Total Petrochemical's most efficient plant complexes. Amid the global economic downturn, Samsung Total chose to add AspenTech's planning & scheduling solution to compete more effectively and find ways to improve margins.
- aspenONE Planning & Scheduling for Olefins fills the gap between planning and production execution, and completes Samsung Total's vision of a fully integrated, multi-level process optimization system.
- The PM100 award will be presented at the 2011 Manufacturing Leadership Summit Awards Dinner and Ceremony at The Breakers, in Palm Beach, FL, from May 9-11, 2011. Past PM100 award winners include 3M, Chevron, Dow, DuPont, General Dynamics, Johnson & Johnson and Pfizer.
Mr. Young-In Yoon, Vice President, Base Chemical Production, Samsung Total
"A trusted partner, AspenTech's planning and scheduling solution has helped us optimize margins by establishing tightly integrated planning and scheduling business operations. Based on the initial results, Samsung Total is on schedule to achieve more than $5 million in annual savings as a result of the deployment."
Henry Lau, Senior Vice President & Managing Director for APAC, AspenTech
"Satisfied customers such as Samsung Total continue to implement additional modules of the aspenONE suite because they realize good return on investment. AspenTech's vision is to enable every process company to achieve operational excellence and improve profitability across the enterprise. Our mission is to help customers stay competitive by making manufacturing operations more agile and better able to respond to changing market conditions."
- Progressive Manufacturing Awards 2011
- Press Release - Samsung Total Expects Over $5 Million Annual Savings from aspenONE
- Samsung Total Petrochemicals Co., Ltd.
- aspenONE V7
AspenTech is a leading supplier of software that optimizes process manufacturing - for energy, chemicals, pharmaceuticals, engineering and construction, and other industries that manufacture and produce products from a chemical process. With integrated aspenONE solutions, process manufacturers can implement best practices for optimizing their engineering, manufacturing and supply chain operations. As a result, AspenTech customers are better able to increase capacity, improve margins, reduce costs and become more energy efficient. To see how the world's leading process manufacturers rely on AspenTech to achieve their operational excellence goals, visit www.aspentech.com.
© 2011 Aspen Technology, Inc. AspenTech, aspenONE, the 7 Best Practices of Engineering Excellence, OPTIMIZE, and the Aspen leaf logo are trademarks of Aspen Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. All other trademarks are property of their respective owners.
SOURCE: Aspen Technology, Inc.